Dannethia here (Adriana's CT Leader) to introduce Adriana's guest ct for October. Please help me to welcome Amy!! We asked her some questions that she was kind enough to answer. She also provided some of her layouts to show off. You can also admire more of her creations by checking out her blog and gallery. Both are linked at the bottom of her interview. Be sure to leave Amy some love.


1. Did you paper scrap first or go straight to digital? How long have you been scrapping? I was a traditional scrapbooker for about 15 years. I started going Digital when my son was born and have been addicted ever since. So that is going on almost 2 years.

2. What is your strongest scrapping skill on your layouts? Your weakest? Oh my, I really can’t pick out a strongest scrapping skill, but I can give you two of my weaknesses. They would be Shadowing and clustering. I am still working on these daily. One day I will master them! I hope!

3. What advice would you give someone just starting out digi-scrapping? I would have to say take your time and read up on some tutorials. Also to sign up for forums like Stuff to Scrap and Scraps and Pieces for their challenges. I learned a lot from doing these!

4. Describe how you scrap. What program do you use? Where do you start first? Do you always have something in mind when you start, or do you let your creativity guide you? How long does it take you to complete a layout? I use Creative Memories SBC+, and am in the process of getting ready to learn Photo Shop. I usually fall in love with a specific kit and then that inspires my creativity.  I then find my photos and I am in my zone.

5. What is your perfect scrapping enviroment? Curled up on the couch with my laptop, after my son has gone to bed, so I have no distractions.

6. What's your favorite thing to do BESIDES scrapping? Playing with my son and reading.

7. What is one thing you would love to do and haven't - just so you could scrap it? That is a good question, .

8. Is there anyone in the scrapping community who inspires you? I have two people in the scrapping community that inspire me daily. I want to be a digital scrapper like Melissa Blades and Paula Potts when I grow up! J
9. If you could have Adriana create a kit just for you, what colors, theme, etc would it be and why? I would love a Dinosaur Train themed kit! My son loves dinosaurs and trains, so a kit with both together would be fantastic. Colors would be primary colors. Reds, blues, greens, yellows, etc.

First Layout
Wow, my first layout!  I do love this page as it was the day my son was born, BUT can you see, I didn’t us any shadows except on the elephant tag and the ribbon on the strip of paper is off! This was all done using my first Digital Software Stampin’ Up!


Favorite Layout
I just love this page! This kit just makes me happy and the picture of my niece just makes me smile! I used Keystone Scraps“Bouncy Pouncy” mini kit. 



Layout using Adriana's Cafe products,

This layout is using “Softly” by Adriana’s CafĂ©. I found that this kit was a perfect fit for this picture. I love the yellows and greens.




Most Recent Layout.

You can tell in my most recent layout that I am getting better at using my shadows and clustering! For this LO I used Scraps –N- Pieces Abby Kit and Memories by Digital Designs Collage Templates. It's amazing to look back and see how far I have come from my very first layout to my most recent one! i have learned so much through the digital community!




Comments